Tuesday 7 June 2011

From C25K to miCoach

So I've finished getting to 5k but I'm still overweight and keen to build up my mileage, so what next?

I checked out the 10k plans but they didn't appeal. I wanted to get to 4 days running instead of 3 so I was looking around a lot.

Given that I've injured muself a bit, I was very curious about the 10% rule and overtraining. So I read this, and it made some sense to me.

Then I found the miCoach app for android. I checked it out and it looked good so I downloaded it.

You have to log in to the website and create a plan for it to work properly, so that's what I did. I chose the Weight Loss plan at level 5 (comfortable with 30 minute workouts). Then I did the Assessment Workout where your pace is logged at various levels, ending with a 1 minute sprint!

This sets up the zones you run in and try to stick to. Then you can schedule the runs on any day and the widget shows you what workout you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment